Monday, September 6, 2010

A Lost Life

I just posted this on my Myspace blog, but I decided I should put it here. Along with my other thoughts.

My heart is broken. Another teen is lost to the reign of suicide. Are we ever going to overcome this battle?

Today we lost Moriah Caron of California. I never knew her personally. But she was a close friend of two of those I hold dear to me, and watching them suffer after the loss of a friend hurts me.

Needless to say, she will be missed. Not even a day since her death, and her Facebook wall is filled with goodbyes from her friends. Messages saying that they wish they could've done more to help her. Videos of some of her last happy moments. A friend of hers posted a picture on her wall. It said "The sky is more beautiful because you are watching over us. Rest in peace. We love you, we miss you."

I just pray to God that she's seeing these messages to her and is smiling down at her friends. I hope that she finally sees that she WAS loved.

Rest In Peace, Moriah Caron.


When it comes to suicide. It's such a touchy subject to me. Because anyone who knows my past knows that I've thought about it, and have came close so many times. I came across this quote today:
"Have the courage to live. Anyone could die." -Robert Cody
Wow. That's all I can think of when I see that quote. It's true. It's the easy way out, because life is hard. ANYONE who overcomes the want to die is strong in my book. To be able to get up and face a new day, even though the things that made you want to end your life are still out there. You are STRONG.

I want to believe that those who commit suicide are going straight to Heaven. But people who I consider my mentors, these adults, they say that you go to Hell when you kill yourself. That's why you shouldn't do it. I hope that they were only saying that to scare me. But truthfully. How do we know? How do we know that we'd go to Hell if we killed ourselves? Why do we, the living, try to make that judgement? It's up to God. And He's such a fair and wonderful God. He forgives our sins and loves us to no end. It's HIS choice whether we spend that eternity with Him. So I think we should all just forget about judging people, and just let Him do it.

Two weeks ago, my aunt's father died. How? He killed himself. He had been sick for so many years, and was in immense pain. So he finally took his life with the help of a bullet. He was a Christian man, just as Moriah had been a Christian girl. They loved God, and yet they still ended their lives. They were dealing with pain. Just different kinds of it. And in the end, the did what they felt was best. I pray that God sees their actions for what they were: A cry for help, a cure for their pain. And I pray that God forgives them. Please God, forgive them.

All this talk about death lately just makes me think about time. And how little of it we truly have. We spend so much time on the things that don't matter, and I am one of the people who does this the most. We focus on our looks, our status among others, our score on that newest game. We act as though we have all the time in the world. When in reality, we've only got about 70. If we're that lucky. We are wasting our time on these material things. We've got to start focusing on LOVE.

Yeah I said it. LOVE. This world would be better off if we just loved each other, and stopped loving just ourselves. So many people are pushing love away because they think they need to work on themselves some more. We end up forgetting about the people who need our help. Who need our love. For everyone who has ever been in love, it's such a beautiful thing. I have been. And I miss it. But now I've realized that love isn't just between two people who get married. It's between God and us. And us and the people around us. God made us to need others to survive. He gave us that capacity to love so we can share it with others, to share His love, and to share our own. If we love on someone, maybe we can save a life. Just a thought to consider.

Before I get too off topic, I'll say goodnight, or good morning. However you want to put it at 3am.
God Bless.
- A False Angel

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I knew Moriah in middle school. She was such a beautiful girl and so easy to be jealous of. Im sad that shes gone but now she can be with God
    rest sweetly my beautiful angel
    -bekah CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I didn’t know Moriah, I had never met her. I am very sad for her family and friends. I went to her services last Thursday at The Rock Church; it was an amazing gathering of so many people. I never got the chance to know this beautiful little girl; going to the services helped me some. I have also been going to therapy since this happened. I still feel broken hearted, can hardly sleep and end up crying here and there because I have been overwhelmed with this tragedy. My husband and I were there right after this happened. We wanted to help so badly, we did all we could do, all anyone could do. One of the first things that I did was hold her hand and pray. I told her that so many people love her and that she should stay. I knew in my heart that I couldn’t help her and that her family was suffering terribly. My husband didn’t give up, he stayed with her and continued CPR until emergency help arrived. I found myself trying to comfort her family.
    Such a beautiful girl and she has a beautiful family.
    It drives me crazy that this ever happened.
    There have been so many coincidences surrounding this 15 year-old girl since September 4th for me. As it turns out, she and my niece were really good friends. My own kids have some friends in common with Moriah.
    Suicide has a huge ripple affect. It’s painful for a long time for everyone.
    I miss her, I wish I knew her. How strange is that?
    I know that I will ok and these overwhelming feelings will not last forever. I pray all the time for her family and friends….
    Thanks for your blog, it was pretty great.
    Kim Zimlich

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually the one who posted that photo, and I can't thank you enough for posting this. Moriah was really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was friends with this beautiful girl from 7th to 8th grade, and at first i was really jelous of her because she was so beautiful and kind. she was always better at art than i was, but after a while, i started liking her and we hung out at my house a few times and i went to her house a few times. i remember her telling me in one of the classes that we had together, that she would always except me for who i was and not what i do. and that really touched my heart. We hung out at lunch and she was so sweet and energetic and charismatic. i loved everything about her. i always wished i could look and be like her. and then i lost touch with her during 9th grade, and thats when i started spiraling down hill. i started drinking and smoking, i started cutting, and in march of 2010 i was put in the hospital for manic depression and suicidal thoughts. a while after this i heard that moriah tried to overdose and that broke my heart. i tried to contact her but she no longer had a cell phone. On September 5th, i got a text that said, "Moriah Caron died" right when i read that i thought it was a joke or just a lame rumor, and so i called some people and they all said the same things, "she's dead". i cried several nights after that and i started crying in school and i actually stoped eating. i when to both the funeral and the viewing, which was really hard for me. i miss her so much.

    i really hope shes happier now.
    </3, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember you Kristin I feel such a loss I failed in so many ways, Mo had been in my heart and as i remember the little girl and how I tried to protect her, If you knew her and saw her Room it was never the same she was the architect of her room and had such a way to relate to people I remember her hair days and the last trip I took with her to Yosemite with her friend Savannah & Toby. Mo was my life for for 16 years and when i came home after one year away I looked up and asked why I did not have the courage to face her as I went thru my own struggle that year after my heart surgery as I will never be able to forgive my self for not being there in her deepest hour. Even though we text ed over the year which was the hardest year of my life as it was a year and life time now I have to trust in God that she is safe. I will never forgive myself for not being there.

    As I look up to her room with a sun in teh window I can't help but hope who ever reads this you will remember the sun will rise as it does every day.

    Until I see her my heart will never be healed my sweet angle

    Kristin Mo was in my life all of her life and you have to remember the sun will rise again

    I have to stop as its been 6 months and the pain is there everyday but I know she is in Gods hands.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  6. how did she kill herself? :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lithium and anti-convulsive medications such as Depakote, Lamictil
    and Neurontin are often used in combination
    to achieve mood stabilization. Depression can leave
    a person feeling empty and lifeless, and unable to enjoy anything that was previously enjoyed
    before. Robert moore is a health consultant and a guide for
    Signs and Symptoms of Depression.
    My blog :: depression and anxiety

    ReplyDelete